Western Railway to soon start 15 car train from Virar to Churchgate.
- This will increase the passenger carrying capacity by 20 to 25%
- Each 15 car train can carry about 6500 passengers in peak times.
- 47 more 9-car services convert into 12-car ones. soon WR will be left with just 14 nine-car trains.
- Concerns are raised for sudden traffic on Foot Over Bridges because of rise in 12 car trains and introduction 15 car trains.
- Will Start 8 to 10 fifteen car services in a day to start with.
- WR’s promise to convert all 420 Churchgate-Virar services to 15 cars within three years.