If you are occasional traveller to Mumbai Local Train or here for short visit, you can enjoy the unlimited Mumbai City Travel with Tourist Ticket. Mumbai Tourist Ticket comes for 1, 3 or 5 days. Option is also available to travel in First class or Second class compartment. Passenger can travel anywhere on Central Line Railway track or on Western Line Railway. There is no limit on number of journeys you can do with this ticket.
If you have guest visiting your home and he/she wish to travel Mumbai in Local train you can buy this tourist ticket for him, 3 days in advance from ticket counter when there is not much crowd on the ticket counter.
Second class Tourist Ticket price / tariff
- One Day
- Adult Rs. 75
- Child Rs. 55
- Three Days
- Adult Rs. 115
- Child Rs. 75
- Five Days
- Adult Rs. 135
- Child Rs. 85
First class Tourist Ticket price / tariff
- One Day
- Adult Rs. 275
- Child Rs. 170
- Three Days
- Adult Rs. 440
- Child Rs. 250
- Five Days
- Adult Rs. 515
- Child Rs. 290
Key Features of Tourist Ticket
- Passengers can travel unlimited from any station to any station on Suburban Sections of Western Railway and Central Railway during the ticket validity period.
- These tickets are valid up to midnight of their date of validity
- These tickets can be booked upto 3 days in advance, excluding first day of validity.
The across-the-board fare hike announced by the railway ministry has come after a decade. Suburban train fare increase to become operational from January 21. Actually local train travel has already become more expensive since New Year’s Day.
Railway authorities claim the January 1 upgrade wasn’t a fare hike, rather raised surcharge for repayment of loan taken for the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP). “We are increasing the fare after almost 10 years. The earlier announcement was done so no need arises for borrowing for works and projects,” said Subodh Jain, General Manager, Central Railway (CR). However, that’s a small solace for commuters, and even some railway officials appeared flummoxed by the timing.
“This announcement two months ahead of the railway budget was unexpected,” said a senior official from CR. From January 21, suburban passengers will be charged 2 paise more per km, and non- suburban travellers will have to bear an increase of 4 paise per km. So, commuters in the habit of purchasing monthly passes will have to shell out more.
Suburban Fares for 2nd class ticket
- Churchgate (CCG) to Mumbai Central is 5 KM which was charged earlier Rs.4 will be Rs. 5
- CCG to Dadar (11KM) was Rs.8 will be Rs. 10
- CCG to Bandra (15KM) was Rs. 8 will become Rs. 10
- CCG to Andheri (22KM) was Rs. 10 will remain as Rs. 10
- CCG to Borivli (34 KM) was Rs. 11 will be Rs. 10
- CCG to Virar (60 KM) was Rs. 16 will be Rs. 15
Suburban Fare for 2nd class Season Ticket / Monthly Pass
- Churchgate (CCG) to Mumbai Central (5 KM) was Rs. 70 will be Rs. 75
- CCG to Dadar (11KM) was Rs. 115 will be Rs. 120
- CCG to Bandra (15KM) was Rs.115 will be Rs. 120
- CCG to Andheri (22KM) was Rs. 145 will be Rs. 155
- CCG to Borivali (34 KM) was Rs. 160 will be Rs. 170
- CCG to Virar (60 KM) was Rs. 250 will be Rs. 270
One of the most convenient way to buy the ticket in Mumbai Local Train is with ATVM Smart Card. These are available on all the Local Train Stations. There are special counters for these smart cards and travel coupons. These counters do not sell anything else, so there is not much queue to buy these. You can Pay Rs. 100 to buy a new Smart Card. There is no need to give any photograph or any ID proof. Anybody can pay this amount and buy this Smart Card in no time. Each card has unique number. There is no magnetic strip on the card so it is safe to carry with any electronic item. You also receive payment receipt along with Smart Card. This needs to be preserved for records purpose, in case if any verification is required for ownership of Smart Card.
Out of your hundred rupees, Rs. 50 are kept as security deposit. and you get value of Rs. 52 on the card. This money can be used for printing ticket from ATVM machines before starting the journey in Local Train. Depending on your journey appropriate fare is deducted from your Smart Card. You can also use the card on ATVM machine to check the balance available inside. This Smart card works on Central and Western Railway ATVM machines.
Please note this card does not work with BEST buses like Go Mumbai card. Go Mumbai Card was discontinued in year 2010.
Instructions on the Indian Railways SMART CART
- For Single/Return Journey/Platform ticket & renewal of Season ticket for suburban section of Western/Central Railway.
- For balance amount enquiry can be done on any ATVM.
- Security Deposit & balance refundable upto one month after expiry of validity.
- No refund will be given nor duplicate card issued in case loss/theft/mutilated card.
- Refund of unsed/partially used smart cards on deduction of Rs. 10/- clearkage.
- Renewal of season ticket will be at par value.
Disclaimer: Railways reserves the right to modify/withdraw any facility currently being allowed on the card.
Instructions on Smart Card payment reciept
Ticket is not transferable. Issued subject to travel restrictions in force and rules notified in Time Table & Tariffs. The Season Ticket is invalid without identity card. Season Ticket is invalid without the Holders name, age and signature. Senior Citizen availing concession should carry proof of age.
Free allowance on Season Ticket: 10 Kgs on Second Class & 15 Kgs on First Class.
Free allowances on journey Ticket: 35 Kgs on Second Class & 50 Kgs on First Class