No Male Passengers please, In ladies’ compartments of suburban trains!
RPF Helpline: 1275
GRP Helpline: 98333311111
Central Railway: Your Safety is our Concern
Illegal Advertisements and Stickers attract nothing but the Law.
Under Section 166 of Railways Act, it is punishable offence to display illegal advertisements and stickers in train. It not only makes railway coaches look unclean but also defiles your image in the minds of the public.
If things go according to the plans of the Western Railway (WR), standing in a long queue outside a railway counter to buy tickets will be a thing of the past.
The WR is planning to appoint special agents—Jan Sadharan Ticket Booking Sewaks (JSTBS)—to sell local train tickets and renew passes by paying only a rupee more at market places. If this plan works out, one can buy tickets from a cyber cafe, a grocery shop and even a paan shop.
“It is part of our attempts to reduce the queues during peak hours. The JSTBS will work in two shifts. We expect the services to start in August,” said Sharat Chandrayan, chief spokesperson of the WR.
He said, “We have invited applications for authorising 243 Jan Sadharan Ticket Booking Sewaks in areas nearby 37 stations of the Mumbai Division. Of these 37 stations, 31 stations are between Churchgate and Dahanu Road. Other stations are Vapi, Billimoria, Valsad, Navsari, Udhna and Surat.
Areas near Andheri station-which witnesses at least 2.66 lakh commuters everyday-will get the maximum number of 22 JTBS. It will be followed by 20 at Borivli, while 12 each will be authorised in areas close to Dadar, Bandra, Goregaon and Kandivli stations and 10 each near Santa Cruz and Bhyander.
JSTBS will issue computerised tickets. The premises, which will be used for issuing the tickets, should have easy accessibility. The applicant should be a local resident of the area and the cost of JSTBS terminals, ticket printers will be as per WR specifications.
The city’s hi-speed local trains that can achieve speeds of 130kmph are finally ready and will be in Mumbai in a month. A team of senior officials of the Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation and the Maharashtra government would be visiting the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai on Wednesday to inspect the new wonder that is the product of six years of research.
The Rs60crore train is expected to break the 100kmph barrier and run at hi-speeds beyond Kalyan and Virar stations, on tracks that are used for hi-speed trains like the Rajdhani.
Read complete story here:
For comfort and convenience of commuters Western Railway augments 51 9 car suburban service to 12 car service from 26-Jan-2011.
Western Railway to soon start 15 car train from Virar to Churchgate.
- This will increase the passenger carrying capacity by 20 to 25%
- Each 15 car train can carry about 6500 passengers in peak times.
- 47 more 9-car services convert into 12-car ones. soon WR will be left with just 14 nine-car trains.
- Concerns are raised for sudden traffic on Foot Over Bridges because of rise in 12 car trains and introduction 15 car trains.
- Will Start 8 to 10 fifteen car services in a day to start with.
- WR’s promise to convert all 420 Churchgate-Virar services to 15 cars within three years.
Shri R.N.Verma, GM, WR inspecting the Churchgate station along with Senior WR officials.
Mumbai, December 31, 2010
Shri R.N. Verma, General Manager, Western Railway, inspected Churchgate station on Thursday and viewed the recently completed work of extension of cover shed on all platforms at an estimated cost of 5.47 crore. 44 night blocks were taken for this work without affecting the commuter traffic during day time and peak hours. Shri Verma also inspected and reviewed the extension work of platform No.3 & 4 to accommodate 15 car rake trains. Shri Verma was accompanied by Shri Subodh Jain, Chief Administrative Officer (Const), Shri Girish Pillai, Divisional Railway Manager, Mumbai Division and senior officers. He also discussed the progress of work of make over of Churchgate station and took stock of the ongoing Composite Aluminium Panelling work.
Source: Western Railway Current News
INTRODUCTION OF 14 ADDITIONAL SERVICES ON HARBOUR LINE & CONVERSION OF 46 SERVICES OF 9 CAR INTO 12 CAR ON TRANSHARBOUR LINE
Central Railway has decided to introduce 14 additional services between Vadala Road and Panvel on Harbour Line & convert of 46 services of 9 car into 12 car on Trans Harbour Line with effect from 21.12.2010. Thus total No. of suburban services run daily will increase from 1559 to 1573 on Mumbai Division of Central Railway.
The details of 14 additional trains on Vadala Road – Panvel Section are as under –
Down Trains from Vadala Road
- For Panvel leaving Vadala Road at 6.34 am, 4.36 pm and 9.01 pm.
- For Belapur leaving Vadala Road at 9.03 am and 7.01 pm.
- For Vashi leaving Vadala Road at 10.52 am and 11.17 pm.
Up Trains towards Vadala Road
- For Vadala Road leaving Panvel at 7.58 am, 5.52 pm and 10.10 pm.
- For Vadala Road leaving Belapur at 9.58 am and 7.57 pm.
- For Vadala Road leaving Vashi at 5.52 am and 3.55 pm.
TRANS HARBOUR LINE
- CR has already converted 82 existing 9-car services as 12 car. It will convert another 46 existing 9 car services 12 car from 21.12.2010 as such 128 services out
- of 208 existing services will be run with 12 car rake.
- 12 services out of 22 including both Ladies Special trains during the Morning peak services will be run with 12 car rake.
- 14 services out of 22 including both Ladies Special trains during evening peak services will be run with 12 car rake.
Change in timings:-
- TV 25 Thane Dep. 09.40 hrs (9 car) Vashi arrival 10.08 hrs will run as Normal train instead of Ladies Special.
- TV 27 Thane Dep. 09.52 hrs will leave at 09.50 hrs (12 car) Vashi arrival 10.18 hrs instead of 10.20 hrs and will run as Ladies Special train instead of Normal.
- TNU 57 Thane Dep. 20.58 hrs will leave at 20.50 hrs and will arrive Nerul at 21.22 hrs instead of 21.30 hrs.
- TV91 Thane Dep. 20.50 hrs will leave at 20.58 hrs and will arrive Vashi at 21.26 hrs instead of 21.18 hrs.
- TV 93 Thane Dep. 21.06 hrs will leave at 21.10 hrs and will arrive Vashi at 21.39 hrs instead of 21.35 hrs.
- TPL37 Thane Dep.22.34 hrs will leave at 22.50 hrs and will arrive Panvel at 23.44 hrs instead of 23.28 hrs.
- TV99 Thane Dep. 22.50 hrs will leave at 22.25 hrs and will arrive Vashi at 22.54 hrs instead of 23.19 hrs
- TNU52 Nerul Dep. 20.22 hrs will leave at 20.19 hrs and will arrive Thane at 20.51 hrs instead of 20.54 hrs.
- TV 94 Vashi Dep. 20.20 hrs will leave at 20.26 hrs and will arrive Thane at 20.55 hrs instead of 20.48 hrs.
Central Railway will introduce additional weekend service on the Neral Matheran Section with effect from 19-Dec-2010 to cater to the heavy rush on weekends on this section.
Train No. 52009 (old 609) and Train No. 52006 (old 606) are the new pair of trains being introduced.
Steps to use ATVMs for buying ticket
Steps to use CVMs for validating tickts.
Benefits of using ATVMs & CVMs
Quick and convenient way to buy your railway ticket.